Monday, May 25, 2009

The Giver Review

Jonas is used to everything being perfect. Until one day his whole world came crashing down. Being The Receiver of Memory is not all it is cracked up to be. Maybe being the Receiver of Memory is not that honorable at all.

The Giver is not my favorite book. I found this book really strange. I don't like the ending either. I hate being left in the dark on an ending. Lois Lowery leaves you hanging. I like to know what happens to the characters after they go through all that trouble to get there. Although I did not enjoy the book, I did find some good points. Being left in the dark is good for a little while. Controlling the environment and people's minds will not work forever. And Everybody should live their life how they want to live it. I would recommend this book because Lois Lowery has some very good and interesting points throughout the story.

No comments: