Sunday, April 26, 2009

Animal Farm

Talking Animals? IMPOSSIBLE!!

Animal Farm by George Orwell is a compelling story about animals who band together and overthrow their master in a rebellion.

I did not fully understand this book's parallelism with the Russian Revolution. I understood the story of the animals taking over and I enjoyed reading that but i could never put two and two together. I could not tell what was happening during the war and with the characters.

The theme I got from the story was that power corrupts people. This story is very effective and shows what happens when people or animals in this case are naive and blinded and allow someone to gradually take over and not doing anything. I recommend this book to everybody in high school and older who can understand the motive.

No comments: